Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It Can Be...Something Simple!!!

Well, this post, it had to happen sometime this month. The month of September. The month that is reserved for bringing your attention to something...something scary. It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Cancer is the #1 cause of death by disease for children and adolescents. Did you know that? Did you know that September was Childhood Cancer Awareness Month?? I've mentioned this before but maybe you forgot?! I don't forget. I never forget. Although sometimes I wish I could, I can't and so I don't want you to forget either. There are so many things that people can do to help. Simple things. Donate...your money, your time, your stuff, your craft or your knowledge to one of the many organizations aimed at helping Children with cancer and their families. Take a meal over to a Family going through it. Offer to babysit siblings. Clean their bathroom....anything.....These simple things can mean all the difference in the world.

Our Family is one of the more "fortunate" families. Kolten for the most part, is a pretty healthy young Man. Growing up with "battle" scars and Doctors appointments has not held him back. Some days I look at him with such admiration. I am amazed at what a courageous battle he fought for such a long time and he never complained or gave up. Even today he goes to check ups and follow ups smiling along the way. I often wonder if I had to do it, could I be nearly as strong as he is...I'm not so sure I could...and certainly not without complaining!! As you go about your days the rest of the month of September, please remember and ask yourself if there is anything you can do? It can be...something simple.
Hugs,

Some links to help you get started:
My Favorite Local Charity who helped my Family: Okizu Foundation
CureSearch.Org
candlelighters.org
nationalchildrenscancersociety.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for making everyone aware of this. I am not sure if you have a Chili's near you but on Monday they will donate all of their profit to St. Jude's Hospital.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You So Much for Taking the Time to Leave Me a Comment!!! I appreciate them!! Have a Happy Kind of Day!! Colleen

Related Posts with Thumbnails